Dixieland Gaited Saddle For Sale (SOLD!)

***Only VIP Members may post in here***List your new or used tack or horse related items for sale here. This includes show clothes!
Forum rules
If you are not a VIP Member then you are not allowed to post in the Horses for Sale, Stallions at Stud, or Tack for Sale forums. VIP Members are members who have donated money to the board to keep it up and running. If you would like to donate to Alabama & Georgia Horse Lovers please visit: http://www.southeasthorselovers.com/donate/

Dixieland Gaited Saddle For Sale (SOLD!)

Postby TheSugarLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:41 pm

I can't keep trail riding bareback all the time, and I need to find a fitting saddle for the upcoming trail competitions I'm entering. I can't buy another saddle until I sell this one! In a few days, I'm going to bite the bullet, and list it on ebay. If somebody wants this saddle before then, they can have it for $725!

I custom ordered this saddle some months ago for my hard to fit paint mare. Apparently, she's REALLY hard to fit. I'm looking to try treeless next, but first I gotta sell this saddle. I paid over $1,100 for it, but I'm asking $800.

It's a 17" seat, wide tree, quarter horse bars saddle. Medium Oil Finish. Suede seat. I've just about oiled out the new saddle squeak. I only use Leather CPR to oil the saddle, and it's been coming along nicely. Stored indoors, in a smoke free home. I think I rode in it a MAX of 30 times, and I'm being very generous, because I've probably ridden in it less, but I didn't count every time I saddled up. (I tend to ride bareback anyway. Some of ya'll know my nickname "Dirty Butt Girl"!)

Here's a link to the saddle maker's website where I ordered the saddle from.
http://www.dixielandgaitedsaddles.com/SPECIALS.html

They make WONDERFUL tack and saddles. Everybody I've ever talked to that's ordered a saddle from them LOVED their saddles. I would have a hard to fit mare. :roll:

This is a hand crafted, Amish made saddle. The saddle maker specializes in gaited horse saddles. I loooooved their work, so I custom ordered a saddle for my mare. Goofy thing would have a funky 4 year old growth spurt!

Email me at theonesugarlady@bellsouth.net for any questions or for additional pictures. I'll be glad to help.
Last edited by TheSugarLady on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone.
There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. If you get away with it, you are brave. If you don't, you are stupid. - Francisco T. Escario
http://www.sugarladystudio.com/
TheSugarLady

Re: Dixieland Gaited Saddle For Sale

Postby Walk N Shake » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:58 pm

I love it! I have been admiring Dixieland saddles for a while. Very nice quality work.
Kristi Payne
Birmingham, AL
Tennessee Walking Horse fanatic
World Grand Champion Most Obnoxious AL/GA Member- four years running!
Main Power's My Padre, Aesop, I'm A Jazzy Dame, A Stakeout, and Drama Drama
Walk N Shake

Postby HalflingerMuleLvr » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Wow!!! I love that saddle. If you want to try out a Treeless you are welcome to borrow mine. I have a Hilason Treeless. Its a good saddle for the money.You are more than welcome to see if you like it. It is best to try one before you buy one. Treeless saddles arent for everyone.
Nikki
"Once upon a time I liked to Bounce down the Trail, now I like to Glide................"
Tennessee Walkers: Charlie Power & Darkside
HalflingerMuleLvr

Postby TheSugarLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks for the compliments ya'll. It's a beautiful saddle, and I wished that if fit my mare.

I'd love to take you up on the offer of trying out the treeless saddle. I've been doing a bunch of research on them, but I haven't known of anybody who has one to try it out. My preferance is to ride bareback, so I figured treeless would be the next best thing. I just wish there were some stores that carried them nearby.

If you're going to be at the show in Columbiana, maybe I could meet up with you then to try out your saddle. That would be really nice.
There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. If you get away with it, you are brave. If you don't, you are stupid. - Francisco T. Escario
TheSugarLady

Postby HalflingerMuleLvr » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:29 pm

I just bit the bullet and ordered one. But like I said this brand isnt the Exspensive one.. ;) !I bought it off Ebay and paid justt under 500.00 for it new. Its a good made saddle for the money. I will definatly bring it with me and you can try it out.I really like it.I use it for Trail riding mostly. But I have loped and played around at home on the Barrels with it.
Nikki
"Once upon a time I liked to Bounce down the Trail, now I like to Glide................"
HalflingerMuleLvr

Re: Dixieland Gaited Saddle For Sale (Lower Price)

Postby TheSugarLady » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:32 am

I've lowered the price a bit. Dunno if anybody's interested, but I figured what they hey. it really is a nice saddle.
TheSugarLady

Re: Dixieland Gaited Saddle For Sale (Lower Price)

Postby HalflingerMuleLvr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 pm

If I didnt have my heart set on a Tucker I would try this one out.
Nikki
HalflingerMuleLvr

Re: Dixieland Gaited Saddle For Sale (LOWERED THE PRICE AGAIN!)

Postby TheSugarLady » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:55 am

Here's ya'lls last chance before I put it up on ebay.
TheSugarLady

Postby dezilu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:45 am

Hey, email me at diannaloftis@yahoo.com Thanks Dianna
dezilu

Postby TheSugarLady » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Email sent! Thanks for your interest!
TheSugarLady

Next

Return to Tack for Sale